Hellow, posting here my first mini-tutorial, it is a very simple tutorial: “How to install Cocos2D”
A common question is “Is possible develop app for iOS using windows?”.
I really don’t know if I’m right, but the answer is Yes, but not by the conventional way, thats mean by XCode and your native language, beside you can use some application for this like Macromedia Flash Css5 or supperior and some others apps.
Cocos2d is a framework lightweight and free for “help” develop 2d games to iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch,
First, you will need have a Mac computer. Also you can register in Apple Developer Program. You will need XCode, a developer software for Apple and you can download it here for free or in the Apple Store.
Therefore XCode, you will need download Cocos2d, here.
Pick a STABLE, because the unstable version can bring you some headaches. 😛
- Unzip/Unarchive the downloaded file, it will create a new FOLDER with the Cocos2d with the install files inside.
- Open the Terminal, he can be found in “Launchpad”->”Utilities” or in “Applications” in Mac.
- Type “cd “ let a space after the “d”.
- Remember that new FOLDER? Well, now drag it to the terminal screen.
- Terminal will auto-fill with the folder’s path, so press ENTER.
- Type “./install-templates.sh -u” sand push ENTER.
- If you made it right, the instalation will start and mad texts will spam your terminal screen, don’t worry. 🙂 If you made it wrong, well, check the number 6 if you type that right and the same for number 3..
- When the text stop moving, open the XCode, in left side of the XCode Menu, in Template, you will see a Cocos2D icon smiling for you.
Now you are ready to use Cocos2D. 🙂 Wants to learn something cool with it? try my next tutorial HERE!. 😉
Sorry for my english, and if you have any questions try do it in the comment bellow and I will try help you. 🙂
5 thoughts on “Tutorial Cocos2d Create Your Simple Game – 1: Installing Cocos2d”
Hi, I really enjoy your posts! I think your project is very interesting and I am trying to do something similar so I find your posts quite helpful. Keep up the great work and I look forward to the next post!
Thanks Mark K. I really appreciate your comment and I hope that my next posts could be yet more usefull. 🙂