The official Twitter account for the new adaptation from the Yusei Matsui’s Manga for Live-Action Assassination Classroom film was announced on Tuesday that the film will open on 2015, March 21.
Hey! Say! JUMP band member Ryōsuke Yamada (Kindaichi Case Files‘ Kindaichi) will star in the film as Nagisa Shiota (pictured second from left in top row). The main cast also includes:
Top row, from left to right:
- Masaki Suda (Princess Jellyfish‘s Kuranosuke, Daily Lives of High School Boys‘ Tadakuni) as Karma Akabane
- Kippei Shiina (SHINOBI – Heart Under Blade‘s Tenzen, Wild 7‘s Sekai) as Tadaomi Karasuma
Bottom row, from left to right:
- Maika Yamamoto (Kamen Teacher‘s Saeko, Ōoku: The Inner Chamber‘s Nono) as Kaede Kayano
- Seika Taketomi (The Princess and the Pilot‘s Juana del Moral, Hot Road‘s Eri) as Rio Nakamura
- Mio Yūki (Kami-sama no Iu Toori‘s Shoko) as Yukiko Kanzaki
- Miku Uehara (Hōkago Groove’s Chinatsu) as Manami Okuda
Koro-sensei will be rendered in CG in the film. The voice actor for the character has not yet been announced.
quoted from Anime News Network
If you never has read before the manga version:
The Earth is threatened by a powerful creature who destroyed 70% of the Moon with its power, rendering into the shape of a crescent moon forever. The creature claims that within a year, Earth will also be destroyed by him, but he offers mankind a chance to avert this fate. In class 3-E at Kunugigaoka Junior High School, he starts working as a homeroom teacher where he teaches his students not only regular subjects, but the ways of assassination. The Japanese government promises a reward of ¥10 billion (i.e. 100 million USD) to whoever among the students succeeds to kill their teacher, whom they have named “Korosensei” (殺せんせーKorosensē?, lit. Unkillable Teacher). However, this has proven to be an almost impossible task, as he has several inhuman abilities at his disposal, including the capacity of moving at Mach 20.
The manga is funny and was serialized by Weekly Shonen Jump on July 2, 2012. And well I recommend it. 😉